GFBOR 2022 President Message
We, at the Greater Fairfield Board of REALTORS®, are dedicated to upholding the REALTOR® code of ethics, promoting industry advocacy, and striving to encourage ongoing professional development within our REALTOR® membership.
We will stay ahead of the continually evolving real estate trends, issues, and technologies to serve as the ultimate resource to our REALTOR® membership.
Furthermore, we will continue to nurture genuine, helpful, and engaging inter-agent relationships within our REALTOR® network. As a cohesive and united group, we will provide the ultimate professional service to each other and, in turn, to our clients and our communities.
- Open door policy. Please feel free to come to me or any one of our Board of Directors. We want to hear from you….the good and the bad. We are open to input and suggestions.
- Remember, we are all REALTORS® together working in the same area. While we co-broke together in all of our real estate deals, we need to strive to be a united and cohesive group within our REALTOR® community and out there.
- As a Board, we work hard to offer interesting and fun events. We ask for your support and participation in our events. In addition to our quarterly Membership Meetings, we host Happy Hours, Holiday and Summer Parties, Summer GFBOR Volunteer Day at Wakeman Boys & Girls Club and the Fall Scholarship Fundraiser. If you have ideas to share….we want to hear from you!
- We are always looking for volunteers to help with our various events and committees. Please consider getting involved, whether in a small or big way – ALL OF IT IS APPRECIATED!
- Our current COMMITTEES:
- RPAC (REALTOR Political Action Committee) – Jen DeLaurentis
- NAR Placemaking Grant – Michael Traum and Kaitlyn Walsh
- Volunteer Day @ Wakeman Boys & Girls Club – Erika Portanova Songer
- GFBOR Scholarship Fundraiser – Marlene Fischer
- GFBOR Holiday Party – Cathy Van TornHout
- GFBOR Summer Outing @ Penfield Pavilion – Marlene Fischer and Kaira Henry
- Be Homeful for the Holidays (partnership campaign between the CT REALTORS Care Foundation and Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness) – Mary Beth Grasso
Erika Portanova Songer
GFBOR President ~~ 2022